Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why Chinese Mothers are superior

Chau's main point is this, : Western parents try to respect their children's individuality, encouraging them to pursue their true passions, supporting their choices, and providing positive reinforcement and a nurturing environment. By contrast, the Chinese believe that the best way to protect their children is by preparing them for the future, letting them see what they're capable of, and arming them with skills, work habits and inner confidence that no one can ever take away."


even though Chau'sway of parenting seem to be effective and in the end her child was able to play the song correctly, I do not believe in her idea of progress. What she is doing is conforming her kids to her world view than progressing them. This type of parenting I am extremely against. I think that children should be able to explore their own exploits. With this sense of adventure, your own children are able to create their own world view in their world.  Chau aims to create successful children, rather than happy children. While I may be biased and westernized, I hold these truths to myself still. However, I agree with ehr censorship of the media and entertainment, as they are a nuisance rather than anything else. I do not think that they are helpful to anybodies learning or advancement.
However, I do not agree with her radical attempts to have her children get the material she wants down. She maintains a very rational and compartmentalizing point of view than can hampen the children world view. Mainting a happy perspective on behalf of the child is what think the most important part, but teaching them to be successful is also very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment