Friday, September 17, 2010

The Energy between you and I

Something I wrote on vacation a long time ago.


"The energy between you and I, the space that is filled, yet so empty, can fill our energy woes for futures to come."
Or so they thought.

"Look for any survivors!" Days after the blast. I flashback to it. Charred bodies, falling metal. Our Earth beneath us splits in two.
I wake up next to someone, someone cold, unmoving. It was their chill that woke me up. I don't know what to do. I feel sick, I wretch. Swirling, tumbling, blood, is all the comes to my mind. I suck in air, but get nothing. Buildings, carcasses of what used to remain breathes death on me. I don't know what to do. Bracing for the nausea I feel from standing up, ever so slowly, I vomit again. Bending over, hands my knees, I feel what food, what precious morsels I wish I still had, flow onto another gone.
Bracing for another wretch that does not come, I wait, looking up into the sky. I see the horror of what I have not fully realize to this day.
It must have been a good day, I was walking, my pet at my side. 5th avenue and Rain Corridor, I stand at the corner. Cars zoom past, their exhaust cleaning our air. Water spilling from their pipes, dripping out of their engines, it helps even the most neediest of weeds to grow on our city's streets. Our Earth, now so clean, saved by our Valiant one, Chancellor Sepior.
“Remember, Chancellor Sepior! He will clean us of our sins, and will create! Follow Chancellor Sepior into the Futurea!” Blares from the loudspeaker in the middle of the street. A dark colored van, no windows at all, a black sheen across the front, pulled up to a local store. Then, His Shadow Cloaks, wrestled a Mom and her child to the ground for high treason against the government across the street, in that same store. I salute, fear for what they might do to me, as a fortnight before, the same thing happened to brother.
I learn how to walk again. I crawl at first. The only thing I hear is the crackling of fire, burning my lungs, burning away at the life I grew to know. I feel stronger every second, yet weaker as the depression seizes my mind, seeping what hope I have. I try to stand again, not wanting to vomit, yet wondering what I have left to give up.
What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment