Friday, November 5, 2010

His madness part 2

I turned away from the beatings the Shadow Cloaks inflicted on the mother and her child to the ground. I hold back my tears of fear, a grim respite to what I see, and turn away, talking the long way back To my Mum. The sidewalk, a large pathway between building and street,funneling humans and Pokèmon every which way. It's gray concrete color shines with the materials of industries and the sweat of the workmen who laid them down. Strutting down Rain Corridor, Sun shining being harvested on rooftops by panels of light, turbines twirling, wondering really how all of this is powered. It's not by these sources of course, It's by, the space between you and me.

Sepior the scientist, Sepior the savior, Sepior the Chancellor, Sepior the Madman. Unlocking the strongest energy source we have ever known, he quickly rose from the lowest, most embarrassed part of the scientific community, to a celebrity, known all over the world. Unleashing the negative and positive matter reaction creates so much energy. Completely clean, inexpensive, just what the leaders before rambled on about. Just this time, The right combination for something came up, someone in charge, someone loved, someone totally wrong, a dictator.

~ ~ ~

Has it been hours? Minutes, days? Or has it been a year? Looking back, I don't even remember that walk to the outskirts of the city. I think I closed my eyes, shielding myself from the horror. So many dead. Am I the only one left? My footsteps are a grim reminder of where I still am, a wondering soul in a real limbo. Everything seems like limbo when it's not what you're used to.

The sky, covered in a purple ash, resembles a bomb. Lighting flashing, yet no rain falling. It swirls to and fro, in and out. Near the horizon line, my farthest point, is a blur. Heat waves emanate from it, miles away, as I see the power plant. What used to be a huge building, towering over the city with it's stacks and labs, is now a pile of vaporized rubble. Burning rubble, burning stones. The power of the blast must have come from there.
The power plant exploded. The power existing between you and me, let loose a fiery, cataclysmic explosion. Burning life for miles around.
I look to the mountains, my view clean of buildings and rubble. Me, an oasis in a wasteland, the only one to perceive the horror, sees nothing. Black mountains. Black skies. Black clouds, and a black moon.
So I start my walk, down my endless highway, out from my home, to my unappealing demise.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment